পাহারা, প্রহরী, পরিভ্রমণকারী প্রহরী, শান্ত্রীদল, চৌকি, চৌকীপরিভ্রমণ করা, পরিক্রমণ করা, চৌকি দেত্তয়া, রোঁদে বাহির করাপর্যবেক্ষণ দমন রক্ষণ প্রভৃতির জন্য ঘুরিয়া বেড়ান
Noun(1) a detachment used for security or reconnaissance(2) the activity of going around or through an area at regular intervals for security purposes(3) a group that goes through a region at regular intervals for the purpose of security
Verb(1) maintain the security of by carrying out a patrol
(1) a police patrol stopped the man and searched him(2) He next turns up at 4 am when a Garda patrol stops him in the town centre and ask him his date of birth which he gives before they send him on his way.(3) the garrison had to patrol the streets to maintain order(4) we were ordered to investigate on a night patrol(5) Officers on patrol just happened to be passing and made the arrest.(6) Well, she went out walking alone one night and she ran into a patrol of guards.(7) Heavily armed police and sniffer dogs were on patrol .(8) We have not objected to any of the applications and we are not planning to have any extra bobbies on patrol for the rugby games.(9) But a couple of years ago, a police dog patrol was sent out to bring in a mentally disturbed person from a forest.(10) Six months after that, he was on patrol when another sniper opened up.(11) The policeman on patrol is primarily a ├ö├ç├┐peace officer├ö├ç├û rather than a ├ö├ç├┐law officer├ö├ç├û.(12) While on patrol , we continued to conduct random checks of these locations as well as provide equipment and salaries for the guards.(13) It is understood a beach party was in full swing at the time and gardaÔö£┬í were on patrol in the area.(14) The five men were detained Sunday after military officers on patrol found traces of blood leading to their houses, he said.(15) The force is offering people the chance to accompany their local constable on patrol to see what it is really like at the cutting edge of crime-fighting.(16) I was so absorbed in my thoughts that suddenly I walked straight into a patrol guard coming back from the chase.
(1) patrol car :: চৌকি গাড়ী
(2) on patrol :: টহলদারি
(3) patrol boat :: চৌকি নৌকা
(4) police patrol :: পুলিশ চৌকি
(5) patrol officer :: চৌকি অফিসার
(6) shore patrol :: তীরে চৌকি
(7) patrol leader :: চৌকি নেতা
1. vigil ::
2. guard ::
3. watch ::
8. guard ::
10. police ::
14. defend ::
15. safeguard ::
patrol, patrolling, patrols
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So, what are we talking, rat PATROL?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
So if I command you to stay in Meereen
and PATROL the streets?
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
That woman didn't get heat rash once
with me on powder PATROL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
I'll stay in Meereen and
PATROL the streets.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
The guards hardly ever PATROL it.
Too many steps.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
English to Bengali Dictionary: patrol
Meaning and definitions of patrol, translation in Bengali language for patrol with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of patrol in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "patrol"
What patrol means in Bengali, patrol meaning in Bengali, patrol definition, examples and pronunciation of patrol in Bengali language.