Noun(1) a choice that is made by counting the number of people in favor of each alternative(2) the opinion of a group as determined by voting(3) a legal right guaranteed by the 15th amendment to the US Constitution; guaranteed to women by the 19th amendment(4) a body of voters who have the same interests(5) the total number of voters who participated
Verb(1) express one's preference for a candidate or for a measure or resolution; cast a vote(2) express one's choice or preference by vote(3) express a choice or opinion(4) be guided by in voting(5) bring into existence or make available by vote
(1) New voters who register close to election day are more likely to vote than voters who registered a year or so before the election.(2) We were the only major party to increase our share of the vote and I believe that our positive and non-sectarian attitude was the reason.(3) I vote we have one more game(4) Despite some state suppression, it gained 17 per cent of the vote in the 1937 elections.(5) Voting will be by means of proportional representation with the number of seats a political party gets corresponding to its overall share of the vote .(6) He and the other independent between them got 65 per cent of the vote as the electorate gave two fingers to party politics.(7) At least a 60 per cent share of the vote was needed to effect any change.(8) The teachers also vote a member of staff onto the council.(9) Labour attracted its lowest share of the vote since 1935, and the Conservatives attained a majority of 144.(10) At the time we said we'd draw up a shortlist and put it to a vote .(11) the Republican vote in Florida(12) But their share of the vote at 32 per cent had barely altered from that of the two previous elections.(13) the nationalist vote in Northern Ireland(14) An indirect initiative is where the state legislature will vote on the proposal put forward.(15) In 1928, all women were given the vote , thus creating universal suffrage.(16) The decision will be put by referendum to the vote of electors in the different regions.
(1) vote for :: ভোটের জন্য
(2) casting vote :: দুই মেয়ে
(3) swing vote :: সুইং ভোট
(4) vote down :: নিচে ভোট
(5) the right to vote :: ভোট দেওয়ার অধিকার
(6) right to vote :: ভোট প্রদানের অধিকার
(7) the vote :: ভোট
(8) cast a vote :: ভোট দিন
(9) popular vote :: জনপ্রিয় ভোট
(10) vote of confidence :: আস্থা জ্ঞাপন
1. ballot ::
2. suffrage ::
3. go to the polls ::
4. elect ::
5. suggest ::
vote, voted, votes, voting
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Stuart and I have become good friends.
- Okay, one VOTE for, one VOTE against.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
Even if he could he wouldn’t betray us.
Damn, let’s VOTE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
Of course, this will require a VOTE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 21
Do I get a VOTE in this?They'll have pickled herring
on the plane.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
I don't VOTE for this plan.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
English to Bangla Dictionary: vote
Meaning and definitions of vote, translation in Bangla
language for vote with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of vote in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'vote'
What vote means in Bangla, vote meaning
in Bangla, vote
definition, examples and pronunciation
of vote in Bangla language.