Noun(1) a member of the Union Army during the American Civil War(2) any federal law-enforcement officer
Adjective(1) national; especially in reference to the government of the United States as distinct from that of its member units(2) of or relating to the central government of a federation(3) being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War(4) characterized by or constituting a form of government in which power is divided between one central and several regional authorities
(1) Funding for the programs is shared between the federal government and the states.(2) At present, however, the federal government has no power to deploy troops unilaterally.(3) Many of these training programmes are provided free of charge by state and federal government agencies.(4) Drinking alcohol is theoretically illegal in India under the terms of the federal constitution.(5) Although the federal government has not challenged the ruling, it has failed to comply with it.(6) That said, the funds are unlikely to approach the level of transfers found in traditional federal systems.(7) Guinn's concerns have been supported by data collected by the federal government itself.(8) The fact that a matter might or might not give rise to a claim under federal jurisdiction does not constitute it as a claim.(9) This figure is nearly four times the number that the federal government admits.(10) The federal agency is best known for guiding judges to set consistent prison terms.(11) The prisons retain a federal connection to the central administration in Moscow.(12) Do you mean, what about regional devolution like that which might occur under a federal European government?(13) Because of the mix of state and federal responsibilities the politics of obesity are complex indeed.(14) The takeover of all branches of the federal government by the extreme right is now virtually complete.(15) It is a federal responsibility and for the States to intrude in a general way makes for uncertainty.(16) The Justice Department, an arm of the federal government, is now enforcing religious doctrine.
(1) federal government :: যুক্তরাষ্ট্রীয় সরকার
(2) federal law :: যুক্তরাষ্ট্রীয় আইন
(3) federal funds :: সংযুক্ত তহবিলের
(4) federal court :: মার্কিন আদালত
(5) federal state :: ফেডারেল রাষ্ট্র
(6) federal budget :: ফেডারেল বাজেট
(7) federal agency :: ফেডারেল এজেন্সি
(8) federal republic :: ফেডারেল প্রজাতন্ত্র
(9) federal employee :: যুক্তরাষ্ট্রীয় কর্মচারী
(10) federal grants :: যুক্তরাষ্ট্রীয় অনুদান
1. union ::
2. federal official ::
3. fed ::
federal, federalism, federalist, federalists, federalization, federalize, federalizes, federally, federals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
the FEDERAL government
wouldn't let them.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
Hacking into it is a FEDERAL crime.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 18
It's supposed to be FEDERAL, state,
and then city of Pasadena.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
[FEDERAL CIVIL DEFENSE
"DUCK AND COVER" PLAYS]
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
You know, the inside of our mailbox
is under FEDERAL jurisdiction,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
English to Bengali Dictionary: federal
Meaning and definitions of federal, translation in Bengali language for federal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of federal in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "federal"
What federal means in Bengali, federal meaning in Bengali, federal definition, examples and pronunciation of federal in Bengali language.