Noun(1) the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
Adjective(1) denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000 items or units
(1) One thousand cards were sold and the new postal service quickly served to make the cards popular.(2) I am sure if a thousand other officers did the same thing we would have changes.(3) As has been uttered a thousand times, it is not your common or garden Scottish golf course.(4) You can be stuck in a hotel, a thousand miles away in a different time zone, and it is never glamorous.(5) it weighs a thousand kilograms(6) a thousand of them are qualified(7) My daughter now goes to nursery, which over the course of a year costs several thousand pounds.(8) Ten thousand calendars will be printed but the couple hope there will be enough demand for a lot more.(9) a thousand minus three hundred makes seven hundred(10) Three and a half thousand people die on the roads each year - the casualty list of a sizeable war.(11) He was one of ten thousand soldiers to take part in the battle and only two thousand returned home.(12) she only wants a thousand(13) a thousand of his animals are sick(14) I bought a thousand of the shares(15) They were given up to seven or eight thousand pounds a week and three-year contracts.(16) It sounded as though a thousand suicides were howling in anguish in their eternal punishment.
(1) one thousand :: এক হাজার
(2) two thousand :: দুই হাজার
(3) ten thousand :: দশ হাজার
(4) five thousand :: পাঁচ হাজার
(5) four thousand :: চার হাজার
(6) one hundred thousand :: এক লাখ
(7) three thousand :: তিন হাজার
(8) hundred thousand :: শত হাজার
(9) fifty thousand :: পঞ্চাশ হাজার
(10) eight thousand :: আট হাজার
2. chiliad ::
3. m ::
4. yard ::
5. grand ::
6. thou ::
7. one thousand ::
8. grand ::
10. thou ::
thousand, thousands, thousandth, thousandths
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- I'll bring you a THOUSAND ships.
- Please, Khaleesi, I beg you.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
Yes, well, they say a picture's
worth a THOUSAND words,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 8
Two hundred seventy-four
THOUSAND dollars, give or take.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
it's like having a
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
Xaro owns this city and the warlocks
have a THOUSAND eyes watching for you.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
English to Bangla Dictionary: thousand
Meaning and definitions of thousand, translation in Bangla
language for thousand with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of thousand in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'thousand'
What thousand means in Bangla, thousand meaning
in Bangla, thousand
definition, examples and pronunciation
of thousand in Bangla language.