Noun(1) the sound of knocking (as on a door or in an engine or bearing(2) negative criticism(3) a vigorous blow(4) a bad experience(5) the act of hitting vigorously
Verb(1) deliver a sharp blow or push(2) rap with the knuckles(3) knock against with force or violence(4) make light, repeated taps on a surface(5) sound like a car engine that is firing too early(6) find fault with; express criticism of; point out real or perceived flaws
(1) The only time you should consider using a higher-octane gas is if your engine starts to knock or ping.(2) At present, an estimated three million people in the UK suffer from the condition, which weakens the skeleton so that a simple knock can snap a bone.(3) Chelsea could be without William Gallas, who suffered a knock against Villa.(4) There was no reply, just another knock , louder than the first.(5) he suggests we knock a hole through the wall into the broom closet(6) When added to gasoline in minute amounts, tetraethyl lead prevents engine knock and increases the gasoline's octane rating.(7) The Rams' only other injury worry is over Chris Clarke, who took a knock to a leg during the game at Flixton.(8) Jonathan Smith is expected to undergo a fitness test after sustaining a knock to his knee on Sunday.(9) Hovingham's chances of lifting the divisional trophy took a knock when they suffered a shock defeat at Clifton Alliance.(10) It is hard to knock a man with such charisma and unswerving comic timing, but anyone having had the pleasure of seeing him on stage before would have been disappointed at the lack of new material.(11) She must have dozed off, because the sound of a knock at the door made her nearly jump a foot in the air.(12) There was a loud, hard knock at the door.(13) the region's industries have taken a severe knock(14) At half-past six on the dot, a knock sounded on the door.(15) In the 1920s, lead was added to petrol, and this addition allowed vehicles to reach higher speeds without engine knock .(16) It's hard to knock this decision in political terms, and it has a defensible legal rationale.
(1) knock off :: কমান
(2) knock up :: আপ কোপ
(3) knock over :: উপর ঠক্ঠক্ শব্দ
(4) knock on wood :: কাঠের উপর ঠক্ঠক্ শব্দ
(5) knock on the door :: দরজা টোকা দাউ
(6) knock at the door :: দরজায় ঠক্ঠক্ শব্দ
(7) knock boots :: বুট কোপ
(8) knock back :: ফিরে কোপ
1. tap ::
2. bump ::
3. setback ::
4. smash ::
6. belt ::
7. roast ::
8. bang ::
9. bump ::
10. collide with ::
11. tap ::
12. criticize ::
13. strike hard ::
14. ping ::
1. laud ::
2. praise ::
knock, knocked, knocker, knockers, knocking, knocks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Mrs. Bell was deaf.
She's not even gonna hear you KNOCK.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 14
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
Maybe you can KNOCK
some sense into yourself.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
[stammers] It wouldn't
just KNOCK Pemberton
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 21
Now, why don't you boys step aside?
Let me KNOCK this project out.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
English to Bangla Dictionary: knock
Meaning and definitions of knock, translation in Bangla
language for knock with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of knock in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'knock'
What knock means in Bangla, knock meaning
in Bangla, knock
definition, examples and pronunciation
of knock in Bangla language.