অগ্রজ, জ্যেষ্ঠ, পূর্বজ, বয়োজ্যেষ্ঠগুরুজন, পূর্বপুরুষ, ঠাকুর, ফুলগাছবিশেষ, বয়োজ্যেষ্ঠ ব্যক্তি, আইন-সভার সদস্য
Noun(1) a person who is older than you are(2) any of numerous shrubs or small trees of temperate and subtropical northern hemisphere having white flowers and berrylike fruit(3) any of various church officers
Adjective(1) used of the older of two persons of the same name especially used to distinguish a father from his son(2) (used especially of persons(3) of long duration; not new(4) (used for emphasis(5) skilled through long experience(6) belonging to some prior time(7) very good(8) of a very early stage in development(9) just preceding something else in time or order
(1) We have tried growing variegated elder under ancient yew trees without success.(2) Dowd was a White House reporter under the elder Bush.(3) The two elder sons of the Guru courted martyrdom fighting in action for us.(4) In Prussia the coal of the alder, lime tree, poplar, elder , willow, hemp, and hazel is used for powder.(5) One picture shows Wilson and the elder Bush walking through the White House grounds deep in conversation, 30 hours before the launch of the first Gulf war.(6) She is to be looked after as a mother and respected as an elder sister.(7) Yellow represents the young child, red the youth, blue the adult and white the elder .(8) George found time to be a church elder , having been ordained in 1974.(9) She agrees to apologize, and the elder Morgans promise to assist with Arnette's upcoming college expenses.(10) So my elder sister and I suffered caning for the smallest of mistakes when we were young.(11) The leaves have some resemblance to those of elder ; hence the name.(12) His elder brother Ian joined the army and became a lieutenant-colonel in the SAS.(13) Legislatures in all 50 states have passed some form of elder abuse prevention laws.(14) George, the elder son, was a religious and civic force in Newark.(15) Here, a narrow path snakes to Mayfield Pond through thick borders of meadow grass and woodland, elder , birch and hawthorn.(16) Children and teenagers usually receive angpao, a red envelope that contains money, from elder family members.
(1) elder brother :: অগ্রজ
(2) elder sister :: বড় বোন
(3) my elder brother :: আমার বড় ভাই
(4) elder statesman :: অগ্রজ রাষ্ট্রনায়ক
(5) elder generation :: অগ্রজ প্রজন্ম
(6) elder brother's wife :: বড় ভাই এর স্ত্রী
(7) elder sister or brother :: বড় বোন বা ভাই
1. older ::
2. senior ::
3. big ::
4. leader ::
5. senior figure ::
6. patriarch ::
7. father ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You people have
some village ELDER
Westworld Season 2, Episode 4
English to Bangla Dictionary: elder
Meaning and definitions of elder, translation in Bangla
language for elder with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of elder in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'elder'
What elder means in Bangla, elder meaning
in Bangla, elder
definition, examples and pronunciation
of elder in Bangla language.