Noun(1) a police officer who investigates crimes(2) an investigator engaged or employed in obtaining information not easily available to the public
(1) As well as detective work, crime prevention is also a key priority.(2) detective work(3) Chelmsford's new detective inspector has vowed to purge the town of criminals through a hard-line proactive attitude to crime.(4) Criticism that police may have been slow in responding was rejected by detective inspector Watson.(5) The Q car team will include an advanced driver, detective sergeant and a police constable.(6) He said that from his past work as a detective sergeant for the Kennet district he knew the Marlborough area well.(7) Even the detective inspector investigating Vera's case is sympathetic.(8) It means that our police forces are hopelessly inept when it comes to applying detective work to modern communications.(9) He was promoted to detective inspector last September, and latterly has been based at Keighley.(10) The detective inspector looked at the other musicians as if he was thinking about having them searched.(11) Jackson was sitting on the couch, watching some type of mystery detective crime fighting show.(12) A Western Isles man has been appointed detective inspector for Orkney, Shetland, Caithness and Sutherland.(13) It's a classic noir detective tale but as well as a crime to be solved there's a philosophical mystery in the making.(14) He also telephoned a detective inspector and told him he was conducting a search.(15) No, the only way to stop crime is good, old-fashioned detective work which seems to be lacking in our Police Service.(16) However, I believe the police officers ought to do good detective work by observing.
(1) detective story :: অনুসন্ধানী গল্প
(2) private detective :: প্রাইভেট গোয়েন্দা
(3) detective novel :: গোয়েন্দা উপন্যাস
(4) detective work :: গোয়েন্দা কাজ
(5) detective film :: গোয়েন্দা চলচ্চিত্র
(6) police detective :: পুলিশ গোয়েন্দা
(7) detective agency :: গোয়েন্দা সংস্থা
1. investigator ::
2. private investigator ::
3. private detective ::
4. police detective ::
5. operative ::
6. private eye ::
8. sleuth ::
9. snoop ::
অন্যের ব্যাপারে নাক গলানো
10. shamus ::
11. gumshoe ::
13. dick ::
14. private dick ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
you see, I have an urgent message
from DETECTIVE Ángel.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
it’s Detective Rubio here,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
Yeah. You done taking
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
like, every DETECTIVE
show in the world.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 15
Everyone, except Detective Rubio.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
English to Bangla Dictionary: detective
Meaning and definitions of detective, translation in Bangla
language for detective with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of detective in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'detective'
What detective means in Bangla, detective meaning
in Bangla, detective
definition, examples and pronunciation
of detective in Bangla language.