Noun(1) an engagement fought between two military forces(2) the act of fighting; any contest or struggle
Verb(1) battle or contend against in or as if in a battle
(1) Given the scope of the problem, we are taking measured steps to combat online piracy.(2) As discussed above, prohibitionist policies and criminal sanctions have failed to combat the problems associated with injection drug use.(3) He emphasised that the Government was doing all it could to combat corruption.(4) Meanwhile, the report found no existing joint efforts among any member states to combat trafficking.(5) Everyone here agrees on the need for action to combat racism and intolerance.(6) We're still doing the hand to hand combat training too.(7) I fought in combat with a very good digital battle command system that had some minor problems.(8) We're now 21 days into the war, and most of this has been continuous combat with the enemy.(9) five Hurricanes were shot down in combat(10) The relationship between sport and unarmed combat is not easily seen at first.(11) Close quarters combat training or kevlar armor plates will not save us.(12) In having sought to combat evil, we ended up being consumed by it.(13) Civil affairs officers naturally came under the control of local military commanders in combat zones.(14) a combat zone(15) There are things people can do to combat the stress associated with kicking the habit.(16) men killed in combat
(1) mortal combat :: মর যুদ্ধ
(2) close combat :: মারামারি বন্ধ
(3) combat boots :: যুদ্ধ বুট
(4) combat sport :: যুদ্ধ খেলাধুলা
(5) combat trousers :: যুদ্ধ ট্রাউজার্স
(6) combat zone :: যুদ্ধাঞ্চল
(7) combat training :: যুদ্ধ প্রশিক্ষণ
(8) unarmed combat :: নিরস্ত্র যুদ্ধ
(9) combat sports :: যুদ্ধ ক্রীড়া
1. battle ::
2. fighting ::
3. action ::
5. conflict ::
6. war ::
7. warfare ::
9. fight ::
10. battle ::
11. tackle ::
12. attack ::
13. counter ::
14. resist ::
15. withstand ::
16. impede ::
17. block ::
18. thwart ::
19. inhibit ::
20. stop ::
21. halt ::
22. prevent ::
23. check ::
24. curb ::
combat, combatant, combatants, combated, combating, combative, combats, noncombat
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I never knew the man to be wrong
about matters of COMBAT.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
Trial by COMBAT.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
One taste of COMBAT was enough for me,
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
did you ever do anything
remotely related to COMBAT?
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
Personal COMBAT is
Vikings Season 1, Episode 6
English to Bangla Dictionary: combat
Meaning and definitions of combat, translation in Bangla
language for combat with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of combat in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'combat'
What combat means in Bangla, combat meaning
in Bangla, combat
definition, examples and pronunciation
of combat in Bangla language.