(1) A little Green Man on the high frieze of the fourteenth-century chantry chapel of Edward le Despenser, in Tewkesbury Abbey, faces the south choir aisle.(2) Although apparently the last of the churches built at Maldon, it became the principal church of the town; Robert Darcy established a chantry there.(3) The now ruined Spofforth Castle was the base he established in the area and would have had a chantry chapel for private family worship.(4) Joseph Elianore obtained royal licence in 1338 to found a chantry there which during the 1340s he endowed with numerous lands and rents.(5) An elaborate version, with four arches surmounted by an orb, is found on Henry V's chantry at Westminster Abbey, in fifteenth century English manuscripts, and on the pilgrim badges made for the putative saint, Henry VI.(6) The warehouse, which includes a watermill and a chantry chapel, won the grant under the Heritage Economic Regeneration Scheme.(7) His body rests in the King George VI Memorial Chapel, a small chantry chapel adjoining the north choir aisle and only completed in 1969.(8) The wealthy sometimes arranged for personal anniversary rites and chantry prayers to be conducted in perpetuity, while ordinary parishioners were remembered collectively on the feast of All Souls.(9) Private devotion and preparation for death were the greatest stimuli to patronage as chantry chapels, founded for prayers for the dead, proliferated together with tombs and books for prayer and meditation.(10) Priests received a fee to celebrate a memorial mass in the chantry and further alms were given to those who attended the service.(11) Two candles were burning on the altar of the King's chantry throughout Margaret's funeral service.(12) The village is named after St Wrw, whose remains are said to be buried in the chantry chapel in the churchyard.(13) At the same time, a chantry was established, served by five priests, who soon afterwards assumed full control of the church.(14) He made the astonishing gates and suite of door furniture for Edward IV's chantry at St George's Chapel, Windsor, between 1477 and 1484.(15) Wills often included arrangements for trustees to take income from property in order to build a chantry chapel and to make charitable gifts such as almshouses, schools, church buildings, and even bridges to the community.(16) The leaders of society endowed chantry priests, who were permanently employed to say a daily mass for the soul of the chantry founder and his or her relations.