চেয়ে, তুলনায়, থেকে, অপেক্ষা, হইতে
Conjunction(1) introducing the second element in a comparison.(2) used in expressions introducing an exception or contrast.(3) used in expressions indicating one thing happening immediately after another.
(1) No sooner was he seated than Lily sidled closer to him.(2) she does more work than Liam(3) no less a person than the manager(4) He used to get friends to ask girls out for him rather than make the approach himself.(5) He was reviewing books at the rate of more than one a day and writing criticism of a very high order.(6) you're more than welcome(7) we had more than enough(8) We would rather be able to hear than be deaf; we would rather be able to see than be blind.(9) Two walkers came the other way, one said it was better here than London in a heatwave.(10) they observe rather than act(11) he claims not to own anything other than his home(12) hardly had we put the baby down than she started to cry(13) he was much smaller than his son(14) Rather than being told to cut out alcohol, a man might be urged to modify his drinking.(15) Always remember that it is far easier to withhold a service or benefit than to take it away.(16) who did it is more important than why he did it
(1) rather than :: বরং
(2) more than :: অধিক
(3) less than :: কম
(4) other than :: আর অন্যান্য
(5) better than :: এর চেয়ে ভাল
(6) no more than :: আর কিছু না
(7) greater than :: অপেক্ষা বৃহত্তর
(8) better late than never :: কখনও বেশী ভালো দেরী
(9) more than that :: তদতিরিক্ত
1. than ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Qyburn's scorpion fired bolts
bigger THAN you,
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
You're even dumber THAN you look.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
She's more real THAN you are.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 9
are more important
THAN the written rules
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 14
why should I trust you to know any more
THAN the priestess who counseled Stannis?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
English to Bengali Dictionary: than
Meaning and definitions of than, translation in Bengali language for than with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of than in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "than"
What than means in Bengali, than meaning in Bengali, than definition, examples and pronunciation of than in Bengali language.