প্রতিহত করা, ঠেকাইয়া রাখা, প্রতিরোধ করা
- প্রতিহত করাপ্রতিহত করারেহাইপ্রতিহত করা
Verb(1) try to manage without help(2) withstand the force of something
(1) Meredith tried frantically to fend him off(2) she left her 14-year-old daughter to fend for herself(3) you're old enough to fend for yourself(4) All my chum wants is simple life insurance to cover him and his wife until he retires at age 65, or until his daughter is old enough to fend for herself financially.(5) In the wild, if a female with a young one gets killed, other females may take care of the young one till it is old enough to fend for itself .(6) If you're old enough to date him, then you're old enough to fend for yourself .(7) I raised myself up on my right arm and fended the bike off .(8) He attempted to attack Rhys, but she fended him off .(9) Jamie went in for the win, but Ward fended him off quite well.(10) However, they still chirp for their mother to feed them, until they gain enough independence and fend for themselves .(11) We fended them off but they started smashing bottles as they left.(12) However, they are all talented enough to fend for themselves .(13) Officers had to fend them off so Jackson could get away.
(1) fend off :: প্রতিহত
(2) fend for :: জন্য প্রতিরোধ
(3) fend for oneself :: নিজের ভরণপোষণের ব্যবস্থা করা
1. ward off ::
2. head off ::
3. stave off ::
4. hold off ::
5. repel ::
6. repulse ::
7. resist ::
8. fight off ::
9. defend oneself against ::
বিরুদ্ধে নিজেকে রক্ষা
10. prevent ::
11. stop ::
12. block ::
13. intercept ::
পথিমধ্যে রোধ করা
14. hold back ::
পেছনে ধরে রাখ
1. assail ::
প্রাণপণ চেষ্টা করা
2. assault ::
3. attack ::
fend, fended, fending, fends
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...you ran away,
leaving me to FEND off a family of rats.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
and let the rest of the city FEND for itself.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
English to Bengali Dictionary: fend
Meaning and definitions of fend, translation in Bengali language for fend with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of fend in Bengali and in English
Tags for the entry "fend"
What fend means in Bengali, fend meaning
in Bengali, fend definition, examples and pronunciation
of fend in Bengali language.