Noun(1) the posterior part of the body of a vertebrate especially when elongated and extending beyond the trunk or main part of the body(2) the time of the last part of something(3) any projection that resembles the tail of an animal(4) the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on(5) a spy employed to follow someone and report their movements(6) (usually plural(7) the rear part of an aircraft(8) the rear part of a ship
Verb(1) go after with the intent to catch(2) remove or shorten the tail of an animal(3) remove the stalk of fruits or berries
(1) Unprotected at the tail of the aircraft they led precarious lives.(2) I measured body length from snout to base of the tail for all animals captured since 1988.(3) Construction details are rounded out with single needle tailoring, hemmed sleeves and a vented tail .(4) He then uses this to explain why there are no post-anal fins in fish: the tail is itself an appendage.(5) During his courtship display, the male puffs up his body and fans his tail .(6) On reaching the tail of the Pool just below the power lines I hooked a fish, which I soon realised, was substantial.(7) I tied on the sinker with its attendant fly and tossed the whole lot downstream into the rapids at the pool tail .(8) Each is named by some consistent feature of the tail , or the body, or sometimes both.(9) Desmond scoffed, and then flipping up the tail of his coat, turned to sit down on the chair beside Isabella's.(10) Here are some tips, facts and rules-of-thumb for making safe arrivals and departures with the wind at your tail .(11) Kitt Peak observations also identified a bright tail extending from the galaxy.(12) I sighed, and a cold breeze swept past me, lifting the tail of my coat.(13) The comet's tail is in fact made of dust grains and frozen gases from the comet's surface that vaporise because of the Sun's heat.(14) When we arrived I could see at the tail of the pool a super looking slack on the left hand bank which literally screamed chub.(15) It's also possible that an Apatosaurus tail had a highly flexible extension, equivalent to a bullwhip's popper.(16) the tail of a capital Q
(1) long tail :: দীর্ঘ পুচ্ছ
(2) tail light :: শেষের আলো
(3) pony tail :: পনি টেইল
(4) short tail :: খাটো লেজ
(5) tail off :: লেঙ্গুড় বন্ধ
(6) whale tail :: তিমি লেজ
(7) tail fin :: পুচ্ছ পাখনা
(8) bushy tail :: জঙ্গলময় লেজ
(9) lobster tail :: লবস্টারের লেজ
1. brush ::
2. rear ::
3. close ::
4. detective ::
5. stern ::
6. tail end ::
লেজর শেষ অংশ
8. empennage ::
9. follow ::
10. bob ::
11. chase after ::
tail, tailed, tailing, tailless, tails
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
l been chasing my TAIL about
that one. Bet you're right.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
and who keeps his TAIL in his mouth to complete the circle
Vikings Season 1, Episode 2
Amy, the Daleks are right on my TAIL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
I'm not being ridiculous. He's right
on my TAIL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 24
- Leonard, you got one on your TAIL.
- That's all right, my TAIL's prehensile.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
English to Bangla Dictionary: tail
Meaning and definitions of tail, translation in Bangla
language for tail with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tail in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'tail'
What tail means in Bangla, tail meaning
in Bangla, tail
definition, examples and pronunciation
of tail in Bangla language.