পণ, খুঁটি, বাজি, কীল, শূল, গোঁজঝুঁকি, মাটিতে পোঁতা খুঁটি, মরণখুঁটি, বাজির টাকা, ঝুঁকি নেওয়াপণ রাখা, বাজি ধরা
Noun(1) (law(2) a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track(3) instrument of execution consisting of a vertical post that a victim is tied to for burning(4) the money risked on a gamble(5) a strong wooden or metal post with a point at one end so it can be driven into the ground
Verb(1) put at risk(2) place a bet on(3) mark with a stake(4) tie or fasten to a stake(5) kill by piercing with a spear or sharp pole
(1) it was risky to stake his reputation on one big success(2) Bendini & Shaw's owner, Harry O'Kelly, took a 25 per cent stake in the enlarged business.(3) You can stake this tree when young to give it more height, or, as I did, simply allow it to flow through the bed like a green wave.(4) With a 35 per cent stake in the business, Martin was once worth Ôö¼├║35 million.(5) Finally, stake the tree for at least a year, allowing new anchoring roots to develop.(6) Keep gladiolus watered and fertilize regularly; stake taller varieties.(7) Use a plumb bob and chalk to transfer each mark from the string to the ground, and drive a stake to mark the center of each post position.(8) As well as the common method of weaving baskets on a stake and strand principle, Jane also makes coiled, plaited, interlaced and frame baskets.(9) Those who do have a stake in the current system - the teachers' union, for example - point to the schools' bad condition as a reason for the government to appropriate more money.(10) Recent studies at the University of California at Davis have shown that most people stake their young trees needlessly and for too long.(11) A number of Lake District private investors have taken a 30 per cent stake in the business, freeing up cash for further growth.(12) Shivering slightly, I tied the horse's well-used rein to a rotting stake in the wooden fence and stepped inside.(13) It has proven to be successful in accommodating the differing interests that have a stake in the legislative process.(14) The joint ventures in a number of Scottish cities will operate under the Quality Street brand, but local partners will have a stake in the business.(15) Independent advisors often offer an impressive level of personal service because they have a stake in the business.(16) Whatever the final outcome of the case, the delay in the ruling will provide time for deals to be struck by financial interests that have a stake in the dispute.
(1) at stake :: বিপন্ন
(2) equity stake :: ইকুইটি পণ
(3) stake a claim :: একটি দাবি পণ
(4) at the stake :: ঝুঁকির মুখে
(5) stake in :: মধ্যে পণ
(6) stake-out :: পণ-আউট
(7) be at stake :: ঝুঁকি নিতে হতে
1. post ::
2. bet ::
3. prize money ::
4. competition ::
5. share ::
6. wager ::
7. interest ::
8. prop up ::
9. assert ::
10. bet ::
11. bet on ::
12. post ::
13. jeopardize ::
14. impale ::
stake, staked, stakes, staking
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They held them in place
with a STAKE.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
There was a lot at STAKE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
There were other lives
at STAKE, too.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
The honor of the house was at STAKE.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
even your balls are at STAKE.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
English to Bengali Dictionary: stake
Meaning and definitions of stake, translation in Bengali language for stake with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stake in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stake"
What stake means in Bengali, stake meaning in Bengali, stake definition, examples and pronunciation of stake in Bengali language.