Noun(1) a tetravalent nonmetallic element; next to oxygen it is the most abundant element in the earth's crust; occurs in clay and feldspar and granite and quartz and sand; used as a semiconductor in transistors
(1) The most common technology for harvesting energy from sunlight is the photovoltaic cell based on silicon .(2) As silicon doesn't conduct electricity, impurities are added so it becomes a conductor.(3) Silicosis is caused when silicon , fine particles of rock, enters the lungs and cuts lung tissue.(4) Normally silicon does not emit light as it has an indirect energy band gap.(5) Diamond behaves like silicon when you place it at very high temperatures and pressures.
(1) silicon dioxide :: সিলিকন ডাই অক্সাইড
(2) silicon chip :: সিলিকোন চিপ
(3) silicon carbide :: সিলিকন কারবাইড
(4) silicon wafer :: সিলিকন বিস্কুট
(5) silicon nitride :: সিলিকন nitride
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's a SILICON dioxide crystal,
otherwise known as quartz.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
They didn't look like they went to
parties in Silicon Valley,
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
I'm just funnin' you,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
English to Bengali Dictionary: silicon
Meaning and definitions of silicon, translation in Bengali language for silicon with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of silicon in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "silicon"
What silicon means in Bengali, silicon meaning in Bengali, silicon definition, examples and pronunciation of silicon in Bengali language.