আক্ষেপ, প্রায়শ্চিত্ত, অনুতাপ, ব্রত, অনুশোচনা, অনুশোচনপ্রায়শ্চিত
Noun(1) remorse for your past conduct(2) a Catholic sacrament; repentance and confession and atonement and absolution(3) voluntary self-punishment in order to atone for some wrongdoing
(1) Will eternity be long enough to allow the penance required?(2) The penitent then leaves the confessional and goes and prays his penance in the church.(3) Slavery could be imposed as a religious penance or a criminal punishment.(4) This ritual of confession, absolution and penance inadvertently hides as much as it discloses.(5) These monasteries would be places where the primary purpose would be to search for the face of God, sharing in the redemptive work of Christ in prayer and penance .(6) On the minus side, being presented with such an array of dishes almost always results in the type of culinary blow-out which requires hours of penance in the gym afterwards.(7) There has to be some penance and retribution for these people.(8) The gospel called not for an act of penance but for a radical change of mind-set and an equally deep transformation of life.(9) Readers, I have sinned, and penance suggestions may be required.(10) a hair shirt to penance him for his folly in offending(11) If he did, a public penance would be imposed and his sin would be absolved.(12) How, for example, would you explain religious sacrifice and penance which are an important motivator for many non-western consumers?(13) They extended to religious observance and penance , or expiation, though in the later period there is a tendency to concentrate on what looks more today, in the west, like law.(14) This word cannot be understood to mean sacramental penance , i.e., confession and satisfaction, which is administered by the priests.(15) Thomas of Chobham, author of a thirteenth-century confessional manual on penance , addressed this issue directly in his work.(16) Every week they sinned quite a bit but on a Friday they would go and confess, do whatever they had to do as penance , then go out sinning again.
(1) death penalty :: মৃত্যুদণ্ড
(2) penalty kick :: পেনাল্টি কিক
(3) penalty area :: শাস্তি এলাকা
(4) penalty box :: পেনাল্টি বক্সের
(5) penalty clause :: শাস্তি দফা
(6) penalty spot :: পেনাল্টি
(7) penalty shootout :: পেনাল্টি শুটআউটে
(8) forfeit penalty :: শাস্তি বাজেয়াপ্ত
(9) penalty shoot-out :: পেনাল্টি শুট-আউট
(10) tax penalty :: ট্যাক্স শাস্তি
Tags for the entry 'penance'
What penance means in Bangla, penance meaning
in Bangla, penance
definition, examples and pronunciation
of penance in Bangla language.