Verb(1) win a victory over(2) get on top of; deal with successfully(3) overcome, as with emotions or perceptual stimuli(4) overcome, usually through no fault or weakness of the person that is overcome
(1) Each side stakes men's lives and ammunition in an attempt to overcome the other side.(2) The last four years of his life were a constant struggle to overcome rivals.(3) But on those first days and nights, I was overcome with murderous rage.(4) She was overcome with the feeling that she had to do something and she wasn't doing it.(5) No little effort was required to overcome stubborn opponents who showed why they have been rejuvenated of late.(6) You can easily overcome these obstacles using tools for working anywhere, anytime.(7) Glasgow is working hard to overcome these problems and the city is undergoing rapid economic change.(8) Oh, we plan to eventually overcome that minor obstacle.(9) she worked hard to overcome her paralyzing shyness(10) So overcome with emotion was he that he even embraced a prison guard as he was given back his personal possessions.(11) Life was very hard for these early pioneers and they had to overcome many problems.(12) He tried walked down the street but he was suddenly overcome by feelings of aloneness.(13) For example, governments can try to overcome the information problems associated with landowners and renters.(14) She's been able to overcome so many adversities.(15) She felt a strange, warm feeling overcome her, and she wondered what had caused it.(16) But they had come so far and overcome so much adversity, how could it possibly end like this?
(1) to overcome :: জয়লাভ করা
(2) overcome obstacles :: বাধা অতিক্রম করা
(3) overcome difficulties :: অসুবিধাগুলো অতিক্রম
(4) be overcome :: অতিক্রান্ত হত্তয়া
1. defeat ::
2. get the better of ::
3. master ::
4. overpower ::
5. get the best ::
overcome, overcomes, overcoming
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
one where love could
OVERCOME strength and duty,
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
They fought together
to OVERCOME the Mad King.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
...and he's OVERCOME with a desire to rip
her armor off...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 23
And the fortress they built here
has never been OVERCOME.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
He was OVERCOME with fatherly love.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
English to Bangla Dictionary: overcome
Meaning and definitions of overcome, translation in Bangla
language for overcome with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of overcome in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'overcome'
What overcome means in Bangla, overcome meaning
in Bangla, overcome
definition, examples and pronunciation
of overcome in Bangla language.