Noun(1) English statesman who opposed Henry VIII's divorce from Catherine of Aragon and was imprisoned and beheaded; recalled for his concept of Utopia, the ideal state
Adjective(1) a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `as' or `too' or `so' or `that'; amounting to a large but indefinite number(2) (comparative of `much' used with mass nouns(3) (comparative of `many' used with count nouns(4) (quantifier used with mass nouns
Adverb(1) used to form the comparative of some adjectives and adverbs(2) comparative of much; to a greater degree or extent(3) to a great degree or extent(4) very(5) to a very great degree or extent(6) (degree adverb used before a noun phrase(7) frequently or in great quantities
(1) So the good news for the company is that more customers are positive about the merger than before.(2) We are all positive and there is a lot more of a professional attitude around the whole team.(3) the more wealthy should share(4) McNamara was one of several who proved a more than able deputy for an injured colleague.(5) Perhaps the people around them should have listened more to the doubts that they did express.(6) there's nothing more to say(7) she is more than happy to oblige(8) Moreover, reviews are more likely to have dramatic findings if their methods are weak.(9) An instructor is available to deal with all grades, new members are more than welcome.(10) He managed to convey a more vivid sense of what life in the 1980s was like for aspiring artists.(11) the work is even more challenging than before(12) she likes rock music a lot more(13) He also accused Labour of privatising public services more than the Tories did.(14) Why are some social groups able to influence the political agenda more than others?(15) We don't want a two-tier service where the rich can pay more for better facilities.(16) Basically, the rich are more likely to go to university and therefore they are the ones who have to fork out.
(1) many :: অনেক
(2) no more :: আর না
(3) more than :: অধিক
(4) one more time :: আরো এক বার
(5) more or less :: বেশি অথবা কম
(6) one more :: আরো একটা
(7) once more :: আবার
(8) even more :: আরও বেশি
(9) more and more :: অধিক পরিমাণে
(10) much more :: অনেক বেশি
(11) no more than :: আর কিছু না
1. additional ::
2. further ::
3. added ::
4. extra ::
5. increased ::
6. new ::
7. other ::
8. supplementary ::
9. to a greater extent ::
10. further ::
11. some more ::
12. better ::
13. extra ::
14. an additional amount ::
একটি অতিরিক্ত পরিমাণ
15. an addition ::
16. an increase ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hey, you ought to
disappear MORE often.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
There are, and Euron is building MORE.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 9
No MORE learning
from my mistakes, eh?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
One MORE question.
Perhaps I should've led with this:
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
I was gonna try to squeeze in
a little MORE mocking before lunch...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 12
English to Bangla Dictionary: more
Meaning and definitions of more, translation in Bangla
language for more with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of more in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'more'
What more means in Bangla, more meaning
in Bangla, more
definition, examples and pronunciation
of more in Bangla language.