Noun(1) someone authorized to exercise the powers of sheriff in emergencies(2) an assistant with power to act when his superior is absent(3) a member of the lower chamber of a legislative assembly (such as in France(4) a person appointed to represent or act on behalf of others
(1) The deputy superintendent urged all road users to comply with the laws in the interests of road safety.(2) The National Railway Museum has appointed a new deputy head with a strong background in serving York's heritage.(3) In May 1998, he was appointed deputy assistant commissioner with the Metropolitan Police.(4) The deputy chairman's allowance has also been cut from Ôö¼├║2,370 to nothing.(5) Apart from being deputy premier he also held the portfolios of commerce and trade, small business and regional development.(6) Tomorrow I hand over the Principal Clerk's duties to my deputy .(7) his deputy has been largely running the business for the past year(8) He became deputy managing editor in December 1997.(9) Since his health was poor, moreover, he appointed a deputy to perform most of the routine presidential duties.(10) He was later promoted brigadier, and made a deputy director of military intelligence.(11) He also wants to bag the post of deputy chief minister for the party.(12) Lancashire's fire service has appointed a new deputy chief fire officer.(13) It was, however, recently reported that he had taken the unusual step of appointing a deputy .(14) The Government suspended 18 policemen, including two deputy commissioners of police, and two excise department officials.(15) Last week he was appointed interim deputy leader of the party during the leadership race.(16) He served as deputy assistant attorney general in the Antitrust Division.
(1) deputy director :: উপ পরিচালক
(2) deputy manager :: উপ - পরিচালক
(3) deputy chairman :: ডেপুটি চেয়ারম্যান
(4) deputy chief :: উপ-প্রধান
(5) deputy head :: উপ প্রধান
(6) deputy clerk :: সহকারী কর্মচারী
(7) deputy mayor :: ডেপুটি মেয়র
(8) deputy leader :: উপনেতা
(9) deputy sheriff :: ডেপুটি শেরিফ
(10) deputy dean :: ডেপুটি ডিন
1. second ::
2. surrogate ::
3. lieutenant ::
4. deputy sheriff ::
5. assistant ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Fine. Deputy Inspector Rubio
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
English to Bangla Dictionary: deputy
Meaning and definitions of deputy, translation in Bangla
language for deputy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of deputy in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'deputy'
What deputy means in Bangla, deputy meaning
in Bangla, deputy
definition, examples and pronunciation
of deputy in Bangla language.