সম্মেলন, প্রচল, দেশাচার, রীতিনীতি, ধর্মসভা, প্রচলন, মিলন, নিয়মপত্র, প্রতিনিধি-সভাপ্রচলিত রীতি, সভা আহ্বান, অধিবেশন, বৈঠক, রেওয়াজ
Noun(1) a large formal assembly(2) something regarded as a normative example(3) (diplomacy(4) orthodoxy as a consequence of being conventional(5) the act of convening
(1) In fact the firm management of the Republican convention had journalists breathless for lack of stories not fed to them by the machine.(2) Is it purely social convention , or is it biological?(3) The message is usually loud and clear, but it is also carefully disguised under a layer of polite convention .(4) The convention received a good deal of coverage at the time, but no lasting impact has been felt.(5) This convention dealt with issues of sustainable fishery catches and conservation of both aquatic species and habitats.(6) He moved to reassure the convention that the government was working to solve crises in Africa that ultimately impacted on confidence in the local economy.(7) When there is separation from the familiar, when there is escape from the habitual, rules of social convention are not enforceable with the same efficacy as at home.(8) Under party rules, delegates are bound to vote at the convention for the candidate under whose banner they were elected in the primaries - but only on the first ballot.(9) he was an upholder of convention and correct form(10) Again and again he defied social convention , often by showing concern for the very people who were normally despised or marginalized by respectable society.(11) A participant in the drawing up of the constitution as a member of the constitutional convention , he now let loose a barrage of abuse against its opponents.(12) There are many places where photography is prohibited by law, many other places where it is prohibited by social convention and human decency.(13) Friends of the Earth is calling for a global convention on corporate accountability.(14) the convention is a UN body responsible for the regulation of sea dumping(15) a Star Trek convention(16) A national party convention of all these delegates then takes place in the summer to decide (in reality rubber stamp) the presidential candidate.
(1) by convention :: কনভেনশন দ্বারা
(2) naming convention :: নামকরণ সম্মেলন
(3) convention center :: সম্মেলন কেন্দ্র
1. custom ::
2. agreement ::
3. conference ::
5. pattern ::
convention, conventioneer, conventioneers, conventions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- But it's the social CONVENTION.
- It is, isn't it?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
...I finally arrived at the
Fourth Annual Dixie Trek Convention...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
...the cultural CONVENTION
is to bring them hot beverages.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
So, your CONVENTION
is in San Diego, right?Yes.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
like Sheldon and start their
own comic book CONVENTION?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
English to Bangla Dictionary: convention
Meaning and definitions of convention, translation in Bangla
language for convention with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of convention in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'convention'
What convention means in Bangla, convention meaning
in Bangla, convention
definition, examples and pronunciation
of convention in Bangla language.