Noun(1) a small piece or quantity of something(2) a small fragment of something broken off from the whole(3) an indefinitely short time(4) an instance of some kind(5) piece of metal held in horse's mouth by reins and used to control the horse while riding(6) a unit of measurement of information (from binary + digit(7) a small amount of solid food; a mouthful(8) a small fragment(9) a short performance that is part of a longer program(10) the part of a key that enters a lock and lifts the tumblers(11) the cutting part of a drill; usually pointed and threaded and is replaceable in a brace or bitstock or drill press
Verb(1) to grip, cut off, or tear with or as if with the teeth or jaws(2) cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort(3) penetrate or cut, as with a knife(4) deliver a sting to
(1) The reason is probably not the bit , but the way in which the horse is schooled.(2) It will help as he collects up the horse and allows the horse to hold the bit better as it tucks it head and stretches over its poll.(3) he went and married some young bit half his age(4) a bit of cheese(5) The only really entertaining bit was the thing with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson.(6) the next bit of the film is very funny(7) The bit then fits over or inside the heating element dependent on the design of the soldering iron.(8) Abbey skipped up to the house, a silver bit and four coppers jingling in her apron pocket.(9) The hole is right above the bit for virtually dust-free routering, and the connector is a friction fit so it can be removed in an instant.(10) Each main dancer got to do a little solo bit in the middle of the semi-circle.(11) give the duck a bit of bread(12) Miranda could go off and do her theatrical bit(13) Her new owners said the only remaining evidence of her old life had been a fear of having a bridle bit placed in her mouth.(14) Charles and crew follow him for eight months as he works one five-minute bit into a full hour of worthy material.(15) A vet or an equine dental specialist can address any oral problems that may cause the horse to lean or grab onto the bit .(16) Start the holes off by turning the drill bit where centre of the markings are.
(1) bite :: দান্ত দিয়া ফুটা করা
(2) a little bit :: অল্প একটু
(3) a bit :: একটু
(4) little bit :: সামান্য পরিমাণ
(5) a bit of :: অল্প পরিমাণে
(6) bit by bit :: অল্পে অল্পে
(7) drill bit :: ড্রিলের বাজনা
(8) quite a bit :: খুব সামান্য
(9) just a bit :: আর একটু
(10) a little bit of :: একটি সামান্য বিট
(11) a bit more :: একটু বেশি
1. piece ::
2. moment ::
3. bite ::
দান্ত দিয়া ফুটা করা
4. snatch ::
5. chip ::
6. mo ::
7. spot ::
8. turn ::
9. sink one's teeth into ::
ভাগ করে দিলে দাঁত ডুবা
10. corrode ::
11. accept ::
12. sting ::
bit, biter, biters, bits, bitty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
unless the Lord of Light is
kind enough to send us a BIT of fire.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
A BIT calmed and slow, aren’t we?
Is it still like this?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
I'm a BIT old for all that.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
(PANTS) I've worked up a BIT of a sweat.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 15
which l've modified a BIT
for the Mexican palate.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
English to Bangla Dictionary: bit
Meaning and definitions of bit, translation in Bangla
language for bit with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of bit in Bangla and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'bit'
What bit means in Bangla, bit meaning
in Bangla, bit
definition, examples and pronunciation
of bit in Bangla language.