Verb(1) deliver a sharp blow, as with the hand, fist, or weapon(2) have an emotional or cognitive impact upon(3) hit against; come into sudden contact with(4) make a strategic, offensive, assault against an enemy, opponent, or a target(5) indicate (a certain time(6) affect or afflict suddenly, usually adversely(7) stop work in order to press demands(8) touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly(9) attain(10) produce by manipulating keys or strings of musical instruments(11) cause to form (an electric arc(12) find unexpectedly(13) produce by ignition or a blow(14) remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line(15) cause to experience suddenly(16) drive something violently into a location
Adjective(1) grievously affected especially by disease(2) (used in combination(3) put out of action (by illness
(1) Suddenly stricken with the urge to reach out and touch him, she did just that.(2) He looked as stricken as I felt, remorse and guilt printed subtly on his patrician face.(3) Her face was stricken with fear until she calmed down and saw that we were on her side.(4) Her voice was stricken with sadness, but I could also sense that she was worried.(5) He tried to protest, but he found that the right of him was stricken with sharp, slicing pain.(6) Though twice stricken with paralysis, he labored steadily until the fall of 1832.(7) Unfortunately, she was stricken with typhoid fever the second month in service.(8) When she opened her dark eyes they glistened with unshed tears, round in her pale and stricken face.(9) With a final stricken look at his uncomprehending face, Olivia steps out into the rain.(10) She glanced over her shoulder, stricken with a new feeling of jealousy.(11) So it is in the dog days of August when we are stricken with the feeling that there's nothing new under the sun.(12) The young man looked stricken and alarmed, jumping up quickly to hold out a hand.(13) He collapsed onto another chair and covered his tear stricken face with his hands.(14) Anchorage and Oakton were stricken with fire, enclosed in a vast terrain of darkness.(15) The stricken look on his face tells us that the narcissist has no answer and never will.(16) His face was stricken with age, profound ringlets encircling his deep golden eyes.
(1) poverty-stricken :: দারিদ্র্যপীড়িত
(2) panic-stricken :: ভয়বিহ্বল
(3) grief-stricken :: শোক সন্তপ্ত
(4) stricken region :: পীড়িত অঞ্চল
(5) horror-stricken :: আতঙ্কগ্রস্ত
1. troubled ::
2. smitten ::
3. afflicted ::
4. laid low ::
English to Bengali Dictionary: stricken
Meaning and definitions of stricken, translation in Bengali language for stricken with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stricken in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stricken"
What stricken means in Bengali, stricken meaning in Bengali, stricken definition, examples and pronunciation of stricken in Bengali language.