নীরব, শব্দহীন, নির্বাক, চুপচাপ, নিঝুম, অরব, মুখচাপা, নিরূত্তর, অনুত্তর, স্বল্পভাষী, সংযতবাক্, অনুচ্চারিত, অক্রিয়, নি:শব্দ, গোমটা
Adjective(1) marked by absence of sound(2) failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to(3) implied by or inferred from actions or statements(4) not made to sound(5) having a frequency below or above the range of human audibility(6) unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
(1) Keirah was silent , confusion written all over her pretty face.(2) Fann's 5th-grade child has often written down Chou's name in silent reminiscence.(3) Charles was silent for a moment as if lost in thought.(4) The initial letter in Bart Goor's surname is silent .(5) The house was dead silent , the only sound Piper's feet on the stairs.(6) Writing in the New York Times, Marin speaks out for the silent minority of men who wait in hope for the patter of tiny feet.(7) The courtyard was silent except for the sound of falling water, the fountain and the rain.(8) First, the Justices said that the statute is not truly silent with respect to mental state.(9) Mikah, dragged out of the room and into the hallway before he had time to protest, kept his doubts silent .(10) This long-time silent passenger was now speaking with knowledge and authority.(11) After a moment of silent contemplation I realised that he was whispering my name.(12) Arlan took the hint and fell silent on the subject until another time.(13) She knew that this wasn't the safest thing in the world to do, but after saying a quick, silent prayer, she felt much more relaxed and safe.(14) Another intriguing tidbit concerns the gakudan, the musical group that accompanied silent films.(15) The approach to Broad Street was silent but for the sound of a beating drum.(16) When we are silent in the face of accusation, the public sees us as guilty.
(1) keep silent :: শান্ত থাকো
(2) remain silent :: চুপ থাকো
(3) silent film :: নির্বাক চলচিত্র
(4) silent partner :: নীরব অংশীদার
(5) silent tears :: নীরব কান্না
(6) silent auction :: গোপন নিলাম
(7) silent night :: নীরব রাত
(8) silent treatment :: নিরব চিকিৎসা
(9) silent letter :: নীরব চিঠি
(10) fall silent :: নীরব পড়া
1. completely quiet ::
2. speechless ::
3. unspoken ::
4. unsounded ::
5. mute ::
6. still ::
7. tacit ::
8. mum ::
1. communicative ::
2. speaking ::
silent, silenter, silentest, silently, silents
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Silent Sisters raped,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
give him the SILENT treatment.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
We will bury them
and remain SILENT until the war is done.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
Now, after a moment of SILENT meditation,
I'm gonna end with "in Jesus' name"...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
"Janko" is spelled
with a SILENT "ptang."
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
English to Bengali Dictionary: silent
Meaning and definitions of silent, translation in Bengali language for silent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of silent in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "silent"
What silent means in Bengali, silent meaning in Bengali, silent definition, examples and pronunciation of silent in Bengali language.