Noun(1) a hand tool for lifting loose material; consists of a curved container or scoop and a handle(2) the quantity a shovel can hold(3) a fire iron consisting of a small shovel used to scoop coals or ashes in a fireplace(4) a machine for excavating
Verb(1) dig with or as if with a shovel
(1) I like how all the grandmas from within flirt with me when I shovel the sidewalk.(2) Apparently I'm a bad enough singer that it makes her laugh, and when she opens her mouth to laugh, I can shovel food in.(3) A good man to handle a shovel or spade, Eddie went quietly about his business, a gentleman throughout his life.(4) At five Christine got up to go out and shovel the walk.(5) There's a little over a foot on the ground now, and we'll soon be heading out to my aunt's house to shovel her sidewalk and walkway!(6) After propping the shovel against the side of the building, I stamped the snow off my shoes and stepped into the warmth of the office, closing the door against the cold.(7) As for Vikings fans, well, don't they have a bunch of snow to shovel or something?(8) Canmore town council approved first and second readings for a bylaw that will require Canmorites to shovel their sidewalks within 48 hours of snow falling.(9) Make sure you have snowmelt and a snow shovel on hand.(10) In his 1911 book, The Principles of Scientific Management, Taylor had written about Schmidt, whose job was to shovel coal.(11) The city's snow - clearing trucks were slow off the mark, leaving angry shopkeepers to shovel their pavements.(12) He comes over the snow with a shovel and an old dog and scoops up a heap of bare soil left by the moles at night.(13) I pay the kid down the street $2 to shovel my walk, and his mother thinks it builds character.(14) Once the first few inches of ice formed, men were put on the ice to shovel any snow that fell.(15) Ren muttered, quickly beginning to shovel his food into his mouth.(16) The shovel 's blade carved a little trail in the snow and he tried to step only in that trail, not sure why it mattered but anxious not to stray outside the parallel lines.
(1) snow shovel :: বরফ বেলচা
(2) pail and shovel :: বালতি ও বেলচা
(3) shovel head :: বেলচা মাথা
(4) steam shovel :: বাষ্প বেলচা
(5) power shovel :: ক্ষমতা বেলচা
1. spade ::
3. dig ::
4. excavate ::
shovel, shoveled, shovelful, shovelfuls, shoveling, shovelling, shovels
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Look at this.
They even brought a SHOVEL.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
'cause I've got way more shit
than I can SHOVEL right now.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 8
He picked up a SHOVEL
and helped the guy replant.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
and the SHOVEL
that Walt had with him.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
After we had hosed it down,
he grabbed a SHOVEL out the back,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
English to Bengali Dictionary: shovel
Meaning and definitions of shovel, translation in Bengali language for shovel with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shovel in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "shovel"
What shovel means in Bengali, shovel meaning in Bengali, shovel definition, examples and pronunciation of shovel in Bengali language.