Noun(1) electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds(2) (phonetics(3) electro-acoustic transducer for converting electric signals into sounds; it is held over or inserted into the ear
Verb(1) get or try to get into communication (with someone
(1) to talk to sb on the phone(2) He jokes with him on the phone , finishes the call and continues at the point that he left off.(3) cordless phone(4) It has been shown that enlarging the phone set and using more alternative symbols to represent partial variations and attempting to use more refined acoustic models trained from accurate surface form transcriptions are of little benefit.(5) He held the phone to his ear for a few seconds after she hung up, in a sudden shock.(6) a receptionist answered the phone(7) I chat to one guy on the phone whose voice is so husky and his chest sounds wheezy if he talks for long.(8) a phone number(9) a few seconds later the phone rang(10) to answer the phone(11) She hung up and I stared at my phone blankly for a second before dropping it on my bed.(12) contact us by phone(13) After only a few seconds she put the phone down and looked back up at the two teens.(14) she's on the phone(15) Mr Lambert was sitting on the step outside and she gave him the phone to continue with the call.(16) The work he had to do at home was done in ten seconds flat after hanging up the phone .
(1) cell phone :: মুঠোফোন
(2) mobile phone :: মোবাইল ফোন
(3) phone number :: ফোন নম্বর
(4) phone call :: ফোন কল
(5) on the phone :: ফোনে
(6) phone book :: ফোন বই
(7) cellular phone :: মোবাইল ফোন
(8) answer the phone :: ফোন উত্তর
(9) pick up the phone :: ফোন ধরতে
(10) phone booth :: ফোনবুথ
1. telephone ::
2. speech sound ::
4. telephone ::
5. ring ::
phone, phoned, phones, phoning
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 12
but I actually think
she wanted to PHONE the police.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
get the PHONE, please?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 4
You got a PHONE?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
I'm gonna get you
a second PHONE call.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
English to Bengali Dictionary: phone
Meaning and definitions of phone, translation in Bengali language for phone with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of phone in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "phone"
What phone means in Bengali, phone meaning in Bengali, phone definition, examples and pronunciation of phone in Bengali language.