নম্র, নিচু, নত, অবনমিত, হৃতমান, নিরহঙ্কার, নীচ, ইতর, দীন-দরিদ্রনিচু করা, নত করা, অবনমিত করা, হৃতমান করা, খাট করা, খর্ব করা
Verb(1) cause to be unpretentious(2) cause to feel shame; hurt the pride of
Adjective(1) low or inferior in station or quality(2) marked by meekness or modesty; not arrogant or prideful(3) used of unskilled work (especially domestic work(4) of low birth or station (`base' is archaic in this sense, or lowly
(1) Rachel was great at sports, but what makes her different from the other girls Todd knew was that she was modest and humble .(2) Geoffrey came from a humble working class background in Liverpool.(3) We would probably prefer that the opera star or the sporting hero or the genius be suitably humble , modest, and generally endearing.(4) So as we walked together, I regarded the corporal, even though he was of humble rank, and only two stripes my superior, as a man of appointed honor.(5) Not all of those who came were well born, and some had a humble background.(6) From its humble beginnings in January 1952, the school has continued to flourish attracting children from all over the locality.(7) In my humble opinion, a beard can perform double duty as being a source of comfort and enjoyment, as well as looking sharp.(8) These official inscriptions were produced in substantial quantities, in contrast to the small number of inscriptions produced by more humble social groups.(9) Especially as it would probably deprive Tunisia of the chance to humble former oppressors France in the second round.(10) She did nothing and was as modest and humble as an angel, yet she did everything to perfection.(11) It was an optimistic time as pupils from humble backgrounds won places to study at the national university, while others started careers in the civil service, the police and the army.(12) If I did wrong to these people, then I offer my humble apologies.(13) He is courteous, good-humoured, shrewd, canny and from a humble background in Edinburgh.(14) Experiencing his mercy should humble us, fill us with gratitude, and move us to be merciful toward those around us.(15) A labour court in February ordered that the workers be re-instated and the six are back at work but they are refusing to move back into their humble houses on the farm.(16) From humble beginnings with 11 electronic trading platforms, the number exploded to a high of 90 in 2001.
(1) in my humble opinion :: আমার মতে
(2) be humble :: নম্র হও
(3) humble pie :: এ নিচু
(4) humble abode :: পর্ণকুটিরে
(5) humble request :: বিনীত অনুরোধ
(6) humble opinion :: বিনম্র মতামত
(7) eat humble pie :: নিজের মানহানি করা
(8) your humble servant :: আপনার বশংবদ
(9) humble person :: নম্র ব্যক্তি
(10) humble oneself :: নম্র নিজেকে
1. meek ::
2. lowly ::
3. modest ::
4. small ::
5. baseborn ::
6. humiliate ::
1. arrogant ::
2. bumptious ::
3. conceited ::
4. haughty ::
5. imperious ::
6. lordly ::
7. overweening ::
8. peremptory ::
9. pompous ::
10. presuming ::
11. pretentious ::
12. supercilious ::
13. superior ::
14. uppish ::
15. uppity ::
humble, humbled, humbleness, humbles, humbling, humblings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hey, Combo. Good to see you.
Welcome to my HUMBLE abode.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
Sign it in a way
that I sound HUMBLE
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
Sometimes I forget
your HUMBLE roots.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 9
You're not HUMBLE.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
And I'm no lord, merely a HUMBLE merchant.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
English to Bengali Dictionary: humble
Meaning and definitions of humble, translation in Bengali language for humble with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of humble in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "humble"
What humble means in Bengali, humble meaning in Bengali, humble definition, examples and pronunciation of humble in Bengali language.