Adjective(1) given as an honor without the normal duties
(1) Broadcaster, author and lecturer PJ Curtis was also conferred with an honorary MA at Tuesday's ceremony.(2) Rempel headed the board for 16 years and then became an honorary member for life.(3) He was subsequently invited to become the country's honorary consul in Sheffield, where there is a large Polish community.(4) Oscar-winning composer John Barry has picked up another award - an honorary doctorate from the university in his home city of York.(5) As a result of all his services to Australian philosophy he was made an honorary fellow of the Australian Academy of the Humanities.(6) Soon after his return, he became an honorary member of the board of directors of the Dusseldorf Zoological Garden.(7) The writer is honorary senior research fellow in sociology and modern Korea at Leeds University.(8) He was also elected to honorary positions such as honorary president of the Janos Bolyai Mathematical Society and the John von Neumann Society for Computer Science.(9) honorary president(10) Her accomplishments have led twenty-three universities to confer on her honorary doctorate degrees.(11) On retirement he worked assiduously as honorary consultant in chemotherapy and cancer care at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary.(12) The University of Bolton has announced its first honorary fellows.(13) For some inexplicable reason the former was made an honorary member.(14) Sol is honorary consul for Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland.(15) He was urological consultant to the army and honorary consulting urologist at the Royal Hospital, Chelsea, from 1951 to 1975.(16) He became professor of surgery and honorary consultant surgeon in Bristol in 1988.
(1) honorary degree :: সম্মানসূচক ডিগ্রী
(2) honorary member :: অবৈতনিক সদস্য
(3) honorary consul :: অনারারি কনসাল
(4) honorary gift :: অবৈতনিক উপহার
(5) honorary president :: অবৈতনিক সভাপতি
1. titular ::
2. symbolic ::
3. in name only ::
4. ceremonial ::
5. nominal ::
6. unofficial ::
7. token ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Although, I'm pretty sure Dr. Boots
Hofstadter's degree was HONORARY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
You may have gone to Cambridge,
but I am an HONORARY graduate...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
Pope John Paul II was named
an HONORARY Harlem Globetrotter.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
English to Bengali Dictionary: honorary
Meaning and definitions of honorary, translation in Bengali language for honorary with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of honorary in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "honorary"
What honorary means in Bengali, honorary meaning in Bengali, honorary definition, examples and pronunciation of honorary in Bengali language.