সর্বনাশ, পরাজয়, হার, পরাভব, পতন, ব্যর্থতা, ব্যাহতি, অভিভাব, অভিভব, অজয়, বাধাপরাজিত করা, ঘায়েল করা, সর্বনাশ করা, জেতা, পরাভূত করা, ব্যাহত করা, ধ্বংস করা, ধর্ষণ করা, জয় করা, অভিভূত করা, জব্দ করা, পটকান, ব্যর্থ করা
- পরাজয়পরাজিতপরাজয়ক্ষয়কারকপরাজিত মনোভাব
Noun(1) an unsuccessful ending to a struggle or contest(2) the feeling that accompanies an experience of being thwarted in attaining your goals
Verb(1) win a victory over(2) thwart the passage of
(1) The closure of a further service facility in rural areas will completely defeat this aim.(2) She was a representative for Dun Laoghaire from February 1987 until her defeat in the general election of June 1989.(3) Coimbatore's roadside parks and islands stand to defeat the very objective of road-safety.(4) In each case the insured defendant failed to defeat the claim and in each his liability to the plaintiff exceeded the limit of the indemnity provided.(5) For reasons that defeat us, The Road Goes On Forever has been out of print for 20 years.(6) Inclusion of modern subjects would defeat this objective.(7) Unlike conventional warfare, they are not seeking to take territory or defeat us in open battle.(8) she had still not quite admitted defeat(9) Its spokeswoman Nancy Webster said she feared the high charges would defeat the object of the legislation.(10) The Plaintiff maintains that those transfers were intended to defeat the Plaintiff.(11) Nixon's performance in this debate was in part instrumental in his defeat and the election of John F. Kennedy to the White house in the November 1960.(12) It was always going to be difficult to get all of us in the same city on the same day and despite frantic juggling we've had to admit a temporary defeat .(13) To hold otherwise would likely defeat the plaintiff's right to have these claims heard on their merits.(14) This contrast is sufficient to defeat the defendants' argument, as a matter of binding authority.(15) They have made no progress between their landslide defeat in the 1997 election and their second defeat in 2001.(16) In fact disclosure of their meaning would defeat their very object in sending them.
(1) admit defeat :: পরাজয় স্বীকার
(2) concede defeat :: পরাজয়ের স্বীকার
(3) crushing defeat :: বিপর্যয়কর পরাজয়ের
1. loss ::
2. failure ::
3. licking ::
4. frustration ::
5. beat ::
6. thwart ::
7. reject ::
8. baffle ::
9. shoot down ::
10. overcome ::
defeat, defeated, defeater, defeaters, defeating, defeatism, defeatist, defeatists, defeats
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I cannot DEFEAT my brother in the field.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
that without me,
this city would have faced certain DEFEAT.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
But the Lord of Light
gave you the power to DEFEAT me.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
We can DEFEAT anyone at sea,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 2
We can never hope
to DEFEAT them alone.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
English to Bengali Dictionary: defeat
Meaning and definitions of defeat, translation in Bengali language for defeat with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of defeat in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "defeat"
What defeat means in Bengali, defeat meaning in Bengali, defeat definition, examples and pronunciation of defeat in Bengali language.