Noun(1) stick of wax with a wick in the middle(2) the basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites; equal to 1/60 of the luminous intensity per square centimeter of a black body radiating at the temperature of 2,046 degrees Kelvin
Verb(1) examine eggs for freshness by holding them against a light
(1) she lit a candle(2) If the candle is put out the light disappears, but if the candle begins to melt and we touch the end of the dying candle to a new candle , then the light continues.(3) the candle flickered in the cold night air(4) You could burn incense sticks or light a scented candle .(5) She produces a lighter and the single candle on the table flickers into life alongside the vase of white flowers(6) The candles were lit in front of a portrait of Florence Nightingale.(7) Posters highlighted the extra dangers the festive season brings - including the use of candles and fairy lights.(8) To estimate nest age, we candled 1-2 eggs in each nest or aged nestlings from voucher photographs of known-age young.(9) Physicists would tell us that the brightness or lightness of a surface is measured in candles and lumens.(10) As I prayed this weekend, I lit the candles in our little shrine and found it focused my prayers beautifully.(11) Eggs were candled to determine stage of incubation and to estimate hatching dates.(12) They light candles and incense and kneel down to pray before the image.(13) In previous studies of waterfowl, we used field candlers to age embryos in eggs because candlers are a rapid, simple, and accurate method.(14) Eggs to be examined for hatching success were candled by using a portable candler at both the mid-stage and late-stage of parental incubation to determine embryo developmental stage and viability.(15) He candled the eggs - checking them against a flame for defects - and took deliveries, but left grammar school with no wish to join the business.(16) An egg candler can be purchased, or a flashlight can be used.
(1) light a candle :: একটা মোমবাতি জ্বালাও
(2) candle snuffer :: মোমবাতি snuffer
(3) candle wax :: মোমবাতি মোম
(4) candle-wick :: মোমবাতি-পলিতা
(5) candle-holder :: মোমবাতি ধারক
(6) candle-lighter :: মোমবাতি-লাইটার
(7) candle nut :: মোমবাতি বাদাম
1. taper ::
2. candela ::
candle, candled, candles, candling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
light a CANDLE
in the highest window of the broken tower.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
...and holding a CANDLE, I have one.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
Wait here, I'm gonna
go light a CANDLE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 3
That CANDLE and you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 7
I lit a CANDLE and I prayed for you.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
English to Bengali Dictionary: candle
Meaning and definitions of candle, translation in Bengali language for candle with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of candle in Bengali and in English
Tags for the entry "candle"
What candle means in Bengali, candle meaning
in Bengali, candle definition, examples and pronunciation
of candle in Bengali language.