Adverb(1) (of actions or states, just
(1) Rachel laughed, almost apologetically(2) Some of the lads have come and gone, but we've got a hard core who almost always turn up.(3) They now have to spend almost as much time at the station as they do out on the streets.(4) the storm was almost upon them(5) To our west, the great sheet of ice that stretched before us was almost too much to take in.(6) it almost doubled last year(7) the place was almost empty(8) It was found almost one in five workers lost at least an hour at work a week because of delays.(9) I almost forgot(10) Add it all up and in almost every city in the UK it is now cheaper to rent than to buy.(11) it's almost over(12) There was almost a sense that if we did not say the word the problem would go away.(13) he almost knocked Georgina over(14) By the time my reply was ready to send back almost an hour had passed and it was midnight.(15) it was almost all there(16) he almost dropped the bottle
(1) almost never :: প্রায় না
(2) almost done :: প্রায় শেষ
(3) almost all :: প্রায় সব
(4) almost everything :: প্রায় সব
(5) almost finished :: প্রায় সমাপ্ত
(6) almost everyone :: প্রায় সবাই
(7) almost finish :: প্রায় শেষ
(8) almost dead :: প্রায় মৃত
(9) almost gone :: প্রায় চলে গেছে
(10) almost time :: প্রায় সময়
1. nearly ::
3. more or less ::
বেশি অথবা কম
4. practically ::
5. virtually ::
6. all but ::
7. as good as ::
এটার মতো ভালো
8. close to ::
9. near ::
10. not quite ::
11. roughly ::
12. not far from ::
দূরে নয় থেকে
15. bordering on ::
16. verging on ::
17. pretty near ::
18. pretty nearly ::
19. pretty much ::
20. pretty well ::
21. well-nigh ::
22. nigh on ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Almost as rare as those in whom I can trust.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 2
to ALMOST do
what I ALMOST did.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
I get it. Smallville ALMOST wrecked you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
Mance was testing our defences.
He ALMOST made it through.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 9
I've been excited about
for ALMOST three minutes.00:045
00:02:28,733 --> 00:02:29,943
I'm not sick. It's for work.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 12
English to Bengali Dictionary: almost
Meaning and definitions of almost, translation in Bengali language for almost with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of almost in Bengali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "almost"
What almost means in Bengali, almost meaning in Bengali, almost definition, examples and pronunciation of almost in Bengali language.