Starch (starch) /stärCH/
Urdu Meaning or Translation of - 'starch'
English to English Meaning - 'starch'
- a complex carbohydrate found chiefly in seeds, fruits, tubers, roots and stem pith of plants, notably in corn, potatoes, wheat, and rice; an important foodstuff and used otherwise especially in adhesives and as fillers and stiffeners for paper and textile
- stiffen with starch; "starch clothes"
- He starches the collars of his shirts.
- Ingredients include extracts of natural corn starch, bees wax and meadowfoam. Read Article
- Do you have knowledge about Modified starch or the Tapioca Starch? Read Article
- So any wolves who could digest starch would have had an advantage. Read Article
- The unprecedented surge in maize prices has put starch manufacturers in a quandary. Read Article
- None come with a starch, and diners with hearty appetites may be disappointed. Read Article
- cassava starch - a starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant; the source of tapioca; a staple food in the tropics
- animal starch - one form in which body fuel is stored; stored primarily in the liver and broken down into glucose when needed by the body
- otaheite arrowroot starch - a starch obtained from the root of the pia