Race (race) /rās/
Tamil Meaning or Translation of - 'race'
English to English Meaning - 'race'
- any competition; "the race for the presidency"
- people who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock; "some biologists doubt that there are important genetic differences between races of human beings"
- a contest of speed; "the race is to the swift"
- the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller
- (biology) a taxonomic group that is a division of a species; usually arises as a consequence of geographical isolation within a species
- a canal for a current of water
- step on it; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
- compete in a race; "he is running the Marathon this year"; "let''s race and see who gets there first"
- to work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others; "We are racing to find a cure for AIDS"
- cause to move fast or to rush or race; "The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze"
- Authors of book exploring effects of slavery, race relations to speak Saturday. Read Article
- Anthony Albertina is bowing out of the race for a Collinsville City Council seat. Read Article
- "It's always been the race car was the afterthought," Hendrick explained. Read Article
- State Rep. Peter McCoy of James Island announced Friday he will enter the race. Read Article
- The Titans are out of the race to sign Johnathan Thurston. Read Article
- platanus racemosa - tall tree of Baja California having deciduous bark and large alternate palmately lobed leaves and ball-shaped clusters of flowers
- caucasoid race - a light-skinned race
- white race - a light-skinned race
- negro race - a dark-skinned race
- negroid race - a dark-skinned race
- black race - a dark-skinned race
- master race - a race that considers itself superior to all others and fitted to rule the others
- human race - all of the inhabitants of the earth; "all the world loves a lover"; "she always used `humankind'' because `mankind'' seemed to slight the women"
- senate race - a race for election to the senate
- governor's race - a race for election to the governorship
- arms race - a competition between nations to have the most powerful armaments
- hurdle race - a footrace in which contestant must negotiate a series of hurdles
- caucasian race - a light-skinned race
- yellow race - an Asian race
- mongoloid race - an Asian race
- cyrilla racemiflora - shrub or small tree of southeastern United States to West Indies and Brazil; grown for the slender racemes of white flowers and orange-crimson foliage
- sambucus racemosa - Eurasian shrub
- laguncularia racemosa - shrub to moderately large tree that grows in brackish water along the seacoasts of western Africa and tropical America; locally important as a source of tannin
- leucothoe racemosa - bushy deciduous shrub of the eastern United States with long racemes of pinkish flowers
- aristotelia racemosa - graceful deciduous shrub or small tree having attractive foliage and small red berries that turn black at maturity and are used for making wine
- aralia racemosa - unarmed woody rhizomatous perennial plant distinguished from wild sarsaparilla by more aromatic roots and panicled umbels; southeastern North America to Mexico
- cimicifuga racemosa - North American bugbane found from Main and Ontario to Wisconsin and south to Georgia
- slavic race - a race of people speaking a Slavonic language
- indian race - sometimes included in the Caucasian race; native to the subcontinent of India
- amerindian race - usually included in the Mongoloid race
- mongolian race - an Asian race
- torch race - (ancient Greece) in which a torch is passed from one runner to the next
- relay race - a race between teams; each member runs or swims part of the distance
- yacht race - a race between crews of people in yachts
- chariot race - a race between ancient chariots